Family

Family

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Teen Fashion.?



   So, our daughter will be 14 next month.  Time flies and children grow up way to quick.  I remember when Parris was wanting to wear dresses every day, would wear the cute outfits I picked out for her. I could buy her anything and she would think it was the best thing she had! 

.... So, what happened?  She went from hugs and kisses, tea parties, coloring time and playing with dolls. Now, she is taking French,  studying Math Honors, being the 8th grader she is and not the little doll playing girl.  She's growing up to fast....

   Did I mention that with the age she is in comes. { Wait for it } 

D. R. A. M. A

   Yup, not only has her style of clothing changed, but so has her attitude.  I feel like I am on a roller coaster, sometimes, daily. But... maybe I need to *try* to "understand" where she's coming from.  Because we know, I have never been her age, and I get nothing she says. 

   Anyway, back to style, and how much her style has changed... not attitude.   When did high top Converse come back?  I have never liked them... but it seems like EVERY teen girl is wearing them. Parris went to see her best friend in Tennessee.... knowing I would not buy them, she bought them.  No big deal...   Next, what is up with EVERYONE wearing flannel again, I really thought that went out too. Nope, apparently, it's all the rage!  I don't get it! 

   She still wears what I call " cute clothes " You know, adorable sandals, skinny jeans, dresses with denim jackets...  I guess I am just venting on the two I mentioned. 




    I don't tell my daughter what to wear, ( well, maybe for picture days I do ) but this look wishes my "little girl" with no care in the world, wearing what ever I picked out, would come back.   Until then, I will let her have her style, dress how she feels and every now and then give my opinion. 



No comments:

Post a Comment