Family

Family

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Yes, I have a large famly.

      Are people so quick to judge?
      I have a large family. My husband, Devin and I have 5 children... they are pretty much stepping stones.  I am not from a large family and never really put any thought into how many children I would have. I never did think I would have 5, maybe 3... but never 5. Am I sorry I had 5 kids, NO! in fact, if I could have had 1 or 2 more I would have.....  but I was advised not not have any more if I wanted to watch them grow up...
      My husband is from a large family. He is #6 of 7 children.  I guess I am kinda jealous he has so many siblings.  I am the oldest of 3. My mom had us all 10 years apart. I am now 30 something... and my sister, the youngest of the 3 of us is in her teens... come to think of it, she just started to drive! WOW! Time flies!   We use to joke around with my mom... When my sister was 10, Devin and I asked my mom if she had any news to tell us " hey mom, are you expecting?" .  :) 
   
    I am always asked "You must like to babysit" , "Are they ALL yours" , "Ever hear of birth control"  *"Why so many"  or my favorite "wow, you can have your own basketball team" !
    We are blessed with our beautiful children.  Yes, like all children, they fight, yell, have moments of  he said/she said. I think I hear that about 20 times a day.  Still.. I would not trade it for anything.
     Anyway, back to people being quick to judge.
     A while back, I had a lady stop me with my kids in the parking lot at Target and  said to me " Are they ALL yours, if so.. why?"  I said "yes, they are all mine, but this isn't all of them, I locked 2 in the closet at home and the other I forgot where I dropped him off at"  She looked at me outraged and I just said " your mom must not have loved you when you were little!"   HARSH, I know maybe I should not have said that... but is it really anyone's business how many kids my husband and I have?  Maybe she was having a bad day... maybe she just didn't like kids or maybe she was just jealous.. who knows.



I have  a lot of things I need to work on I am not a perfect mom, my family is not perfect.. I have my flaws.  But I do have some pretty amazing children and a husband who love me.  It does not matter what other people think of my family. I should not let it bother me.  My family makes me laugh, smile, gives me the occasional headache where I wish I could go into my bathroom and let Calgon take me away... but the truth is nothing makes me happier.   They are all honor students,  love going to Church and when needed, they have one another back if someone else is picking on them.

I love my big family... even if the lady at Target does not approve.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment